Understanding Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, formerly known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), is a neurological disorder characterized by severe and chronic pain. It typically affects one of the limbs, such as an arm, leg, hand, or foot, but can also manifest in other parts of the body. CRPS often develops following an injury, surgery, or trauma, but its precise cause is not fully understood.
Types of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
CRPS is typically classified into two main types:
- CRPS Type I: This occurs after an injury or trauma that did not directly damage the nerves in the affected limb.
- CRPS Type II: In this form, there is direct nerve damage alongside the injury or trauma.
Treatment and Management
At RelievUS, we offer a range of personalized treatment options to help you find relief from Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), including:
- Medications: Prescription medications, including pain relievers, antidepressants, and anticonvulsants, can help manage pain and improve mood.
- Nerve Blocks: Injections of local anesthetics or steroids can provide targeted pain relief.
- Sympathetic Nerve Blocks: These can help alleviate pain by blocking the overactive sympathetic nervous system.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: This minimally invasive procedure delivers electrical impulses to the spinal cord to reduce pain signals.
Your Journey to Relief Starts Here
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a debilitating condition characterized by severe and chronic pain, sensory abnormalities, motor dysfunction, and functional limitations. At RelievUS, we specialize in diagnosing and treating CRPS, offering personalized solutions to help you regain control of your life. Explore a range of treatment options, from medications and therapy to nerve blocks and spinal cord stimulation, designed to alleviate pain and improve your overall well-being. Don't let CRPS dictate your life—start your journey to relief with RelievUS today.