Understanding Arm and Shoulder Pain:
Arm and shoulder pain can significantly disrupt your daily activities and quality of life. It may manifest as a dull ache, sharp pain, tingling, or weakness, and can range from mild discomfort to severe, debilitating pain. The shoulder is a complex joint with multiple components, including bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments, making it susceptible to various injuries and conditions.
Symptoms of Arm and Shoulder Pain:
The symptoms of these conditions can sometimes overlap, making diagnosis challenging. Common symptoms include:
- Pain during shoulder movement or lifting.
- Sensations of popping, grinding, or catching when moving the shoulder.
- Weakness and instability in the joint, feeling like the joint is "slipping" during shoulder or arm movement.
- Vague aching even when the shoulder is at rest.
- Decreased range of motion.
Diagnosis of Arm and Shoulder Pain:
At RelievUS Pain Management, we employ advanced diagnostic methods to identify the cause of your pain accurately. The diagnosis will involve:
- Reviewing your medical history and symptoms.
- Conducting a physical examination, including assessing pain triggers, range of motion, and other issues.
- Performing diagnostic tests, such as X-rays, MRIs, and ultrasound, to visualize the soft tissue of the shoulder for damage, inflammation, or fluid buildup.
Treating Arm and Shoulder Pain:
Once the root cause of your pain is determined, our experienced team will create a personalized treatment plan to facilitate healing and restore your mobility. Treatment options may include:
- Resting the affected shoulder to allow for healing.
- Medication, such as anti-inflammatories, to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Physical therapy to restore normal shoulder motion, reduce tightness, and strengthen the rotator cuff muscles to prevent future injuries.
- Steroid injections to alleviate inflammation and expedite healing.
Request an Appointment:
If painful arm and shoulder conditions are interfering with your daily activities, our skilled professionals are here to help. We will diagnose the cause of your pain and develop a personalized treatment plan to provide you with relief. Call us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step toward a pain-free life.